Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Reflection - The Greatness of God

The Greatness of God


In the past two days, the Lord has showed me with graces and a few miracles, and I am just so thankful. I decided that I should blog about them so here it goes. Last night, I went to the Pirates game with friends but it was delayed due to rain. We decided to pray a rosary and prayed that the weather would hold up. Momma Mary took care of us, and we were able to watch the game and had no weather problems the rest of the night. It was just a small little thing, but it was a miracle and I was so pleased to see the Lord at work.

This morning I woke up in hopes to get some stuff done, including finding my Magnificat and my key to my house, which I had lost a week ago. I had already looked a little for both, but to no avail. When I started looking, I asked for St. Anthony's help and Mary's, and honestly a minute later, my key was resting on my bed, another small miracle, and my Magnificat was on my dresser. I knew with both of these findings, the Lord was working, and I could only be thankful.

It was funny though that I went to St. Anthony and he answered my prayers, because the night before, I found myself reading his prayer "Be Satisfied With Me" and I was at peace. The Lord is always doing these crazy things, but we often miss them because we aren't paying attention or doing the Lord's will. When we do his will though, amazing things will be given to us.

In scripture it says, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 How many times do we see this though, and then not really believe it? It is hard to believe that the Lord will really give us what we need, but if we have faith, all things are possible.

I just thought I would share these Glory stories with you. Maybe they will help, maybe not. I can't be worried about that though. I just need to be thankful for all that the Lord has given me.

"He died for me, so I'll live for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment