Friday, August 31, 2012

Love Anyone You Come In Contact With

Love Anyone You Come In Contact With


As my sophmore year gets under way, I find myself thrilled to be back. It has been such a blessing to see everyone again and be able to spend time with them. Though I am glad to be back, the group is not the same, with many of my friends in Austria. There has yet to be a day that has gone by where someone has not mentioned the Austria group, saying how much they miss them. I miss all my Austria friends as well, knowing they are having fun adventures and stuff, but I find myself okay with the fact their gone. Some might be offended by me saying this, and I think I'm one of the few who is okay with them gone, but it not that I don't miss them, because I do. The truth is though, I like to see their Austria times in a different light. I understand we are away from one another, but I know with or without them, I am going to be happy, and the same for them.

I don't say any of this to act as if I don't need them in my life, but I realize dwelling on the fact that I won't see them is not worth it. Up until last fall, I really didn't know any of these people and I was still happy, as I'm sure everyone was as well. Do I love my college friends and would I do anything for them? Yes. But at the same time, I really do try and see stuff in the right light, and I am just now figuring out that with every friendship I have, I should only have one purpose, and that is, to bring Christ to them, but put the Lord's will first.

The Lord has really blessed me with knowing wonderful people, and I should and try to praise him for it, but all earthly things will be taken away one day, and really all that matters is our relationship with the Him. What am I getting at? Am I saying my friendships don't matter and I don't need people? Not at all, but  people will be in and out of my life forever, and some will remain close to me throughout life, while others might only make a small appearence, but regardless, I just need to be happy I was able to know them at all, and hopefully I left a positive mark on them.

Basically, we are called to love whoever we meet, and if we know them for ten minutes, ten years, or forever, we must be thankful for the time we share, and just be happy for that. It is very much a part of the human being to have feelings towards people, to miss them when you are not together, and want to spend time with them, but in all honesty, the only thing that maters on this earth is growing madly in love with Jesus, and if the people around you help you grow closer to him, then there is nothing better, but we must remeber what is truly important. One great example of putting the Lord first is the apostles. They all had families and peopled they very much loved, spent their whole lives building those relationships, and then Jesus came and asked them to follow him. They knew that those people meant the world to them, but they saw that what Jesus has to offer was better. Eternal Life my friends.

I guess what I trying to say is, love anyone you come in contact with, but remember, thr Lord's will above all else.

To my Austria friends - I do miss you all, and can't wait to see you, but I know I'll be enjoying my semester here, and you'll be enjoying your time over there. See you in a few months!

"He died for me, so I will live for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment