Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ireland 2013


Ireland 2013
08-28-13


I've been on some incredible trips in my life but none can compare to my most recent trip to Ireland. I was traveling with three of my closest friends and to add to that, I was able to spend time with many others. I've decided I'm making a small list of top five events.

  1. Hangout time with the House
    Originally when Kolbe, James, CJ and I had decided to all go to Ireland together, it was to be just the four of us. Then Hannah offered us an opportunity to stay at the house she had rented, which already had ten other people. The four of us discussed it and we decided we would stay with them. It turned out to be a wonderful decision, and we were able to share some wonderful times together. “I've had Four,” became a running joke that I assume will last the semester.
  1. The Beach of Galway
    When we all arrived in Dublin, we had some bus trouble, which I will discuss later, and with that, we ended up not arriving in Galway till late Tuesday night. On Wednesday, we decided to have a semi-relaxed day, and just hung out at the local beach. It turned out to be an awesome time, and though we didn't swim, we did get to see a lot of good stuff, and even crossed a land bridge that was being taken over by the tide. The memories are unforgettable.
  1. The Cliff's of Moher
    Everyone says that when you are in Ireland, it is essential to visit the cliffs. We decided we would do this, and we joined up with a few more Franciscan students for the trip. Though we weren't at the Cliff's too long, it was a beautiful site, and I am very glad we went.
  1. The Aran Islands
    I love the great outdoors, and the Aran Islands provided all a man needs in that case. We hiked, we climbed, we rode bikes, and we even laid down on some rocks. The reason this is number two though is not for the outdoor stuff we were able to do, but instead, because of this little church we were told about. It turns out that it is the smallest Church in the world, and was freaking sweet. After the Church, it only got better, as I discovered a beautiful part of the Island that looked untouched. The pictures prove it is a gorgeous spot, but it is even better being there in person.
  1. The Lord providing
    This is easily my number one. When we arrived in Ireland, our plane came in an hour late, and we ended up missing our bus. We had to buy new tickets and we got them for 1 p.m. instead of 11 a.m. Which was our original plan. Turns out though, there is no 1 p.m. bus stop at the Airport, at least not to Galway, and so we had to wait till 2:40 p.m. CJ and I, on finding out this news, went to the Church across the road and decided to go pray. We walked in on Mass, and not only that, but the priest, Fr. Brennen, heard confessions afterward, including ours. It was an incredible turn of events, and then the Lord provided again, allowing our old tickets to work for the 2:40 bus. The God moments on this trip were incredible, and all we could do is sing his praises.

There was much more to Ireland, but this is the stuff that I felt like sharing. I hope you enjoyed it, and look for more trip summary's to come. God Bless!

“He died for me, so I will live for Him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment