Friday, May 25, 2012

Daily Quote- 05-25-12

Daily Quote
 
"Prayer may not change things for you, but it for sure changes you for things."
-Samuel Shoemaker
 
Reflection -
My friend shared this quote with me, and as I reflect on it, I find myself thinking about the importance of prayer, and understanding we should be praying for God's plan, not our own. When it says, "prayer may not change things for you," it reminds me off all the times when I will pray, only hoping to get something out of it. I will look at prayer very selfishly sometimes, only asking for personal gains or help. God tells us to continue to pray, and when we ask, it will be given to us, but sometimes our prayers are answered in a different way than we had hoped. We need to understand that God knows better than we do, and accept what he gives us. As long as we are praying, we should be able to handle everything, allowing us to "change for things."
Let us always pray that we allow God to touch our hearts, and be mindful of the many blessings he gives us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment